Thursday, April 1, 2021

Figure Drawing

This month’s project is a bit of a hodge podge. I have some “clean up” from prior months that I want to complete and I want to do some pre-work at home, so that I can practice figure drawing, mostly gesture, out in the world in May. Gesture drawing has never made sense to me. From a thinking standpoint, I do have a basic understanding. From a doing standpoint, I have always felt that I’m flailing around on the page. That’s what I am trying to fix. 

I found a good book, Figure Drawing Design and Invention, and the first chapter is giving me ideas and tools to use. This is going to take a lot of practice, but at least I have an entry point. I did 2 pages of gesture drawings today, which sounds like a lot. It wasn’t.  I was drawing very large and going also using poses from a website.

Here is the 2nd page and the two on the left are a good start for day 1 of a new project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment