Thursday, April 15, 2021

More About The Blanket

It turns out that I started this project on February 28, 2015. The overall blanket is 8 squares by 10 squares and, according to my notes in Ravelry, I finished the squares on April 12, 2015. Although I did pull the squares out to work in ends from time to time, this project sat untouched for the past 4 years.

As I was making progress on it, I thought that it would be nice to complete it in time for my second vaccine. I felt crummy for about 24 hours after my first shot, including feeling very cold at times. Assuming that same will happen with the second one, I thought it would be nice to have the new blanket.  I did not set it as a goal and I wasn't really pushing for that, since I make myself a bit crazy when I do. Although, somehow, the timing worked out so that I finished it last night and my shot is this afternoon, so maybe I'm just kidding myself that I didn't have a goal to finish.

So far, the blanket is a big hit with me and with the cats. The picture in the first post is Chandler, who jumped up on my lap last night right after I finished.

In these photos, Hammett is the cat model.

It's hard to get the entire thing in one picture, so here is most of it.


This is about half of it.


Here is most of the other half.

I really love it and I'm sort of fighting with myself at the moment. Occasionally, a project just does not end up being for me. This may sound a little strange, but I'll get this whisper that it's not mine. Sometimes it's clear who it is for, but most of the time it's not, initially.  I'm having a little of that with this one. I am going to use it and enjoy it post-vaccine and see what I think after that. I figure either the whisper will go away or it will get louder.

3 comments:

  1. You definitely should keep it Robin. You could say it is for the cats and you can borrow from them. Our Afghans are so well used by humans and cats. Congratulations on finishing and on your second vaccine! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely. I have a similar but smaller thing from my grandmother (covers only the top of the cedar chest, or despair barrel as my mother called it because my grandmother called it the hope chest). Your cats are very lucky that you knit for them.

    ReplyDelete