Wednesday, April 21, 2021

More Bird Pictures

Yesterday, I ventured out to Crex Meadows State Wildlife Area in Grantsburg Wisconsin with a friend to take bird photos. I got the chance to practice taking pictures of birds in flight. Obviously, I still need more practice since I barely captured either of these birds before they flew out of the frame.

These are the only photos I editing by cropping them. They looked slightly less ridiculous with some of the blank sky removed on the top, bottom and to the left of both birds. Although I will say that both photos do convey a sense of movement.



In truth, I did have a number of inflight pictures turn out and here are several of my favorites. 




We were not trying to disturb any of the birds and were always a fair distance away, so the 60x zoom camera was much needed. Even so, there were a bunch of times that we saw trumpeter swans in flight. The first time, I was looking to the south at a pair of sandhill cranes and I heard the movement of air behind me. It didn't sound like the wind and the sound wasn't that close, but the sound made me turn around to see a couple of trumpeter swans flying behind me. They flew in a large circle around and to the front of us. 

I took about 400 pictures yesterday. I am showing great restraint by not including a lot more of them.





I can't help myself. I have to point out that this next photo was post-coitus.




While there were also raptors, ducks, loons, and other birds, the swan pictures turned out the best overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment