Thursday, February 23, 2017

What Happens When You Carry A Sketchbook With You

The Huffington Post article titled "9 Things That Happen When You Carry A Sketchbook With You Nonstop" was mentioned on Sketchbook Skool's Facebook page.  I read it and liked it.

Also, in that spirit, I was in a meeting this morning.  It wasn't a bad meeting. In fact, it covered some good material on the proper classification of independent contractors and employees and what can happen if you do this incorrectly. In some of the less interesting parts of the meeting, my attention was pulled in the direction of a folding chair located across the room.  Rather than pull out the sketchbook in my work bag, I used regular paper in my notebook.

folding chair scribbles - 02/23/17

The one in the lower left hand corner is getting there, especially since I could not measure anything or check angles. I was in a room filled with finance professionals. Most of them would not understand. I did use the eraser a lot.

I will continue to draw folding chairs, when the opportunity presents itself, until I have done a better job of figuring out how the pieces come together.  The angles are crazy. The square ellipse formed by the seat is challenging. Is that even a thing?  Can an ellipse be a square?  Ah, the mysteries of the humble folding chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment