Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Daily Sketching Recap

The day that I drew this was a bit of a blur. Stubbornly, I carved out a few minutes to sketch. There was no time to add shading, the shadow, or anything like that.

02/04/17 - shoe with laces
 I did not have a lot of time for this one, either. I'd like to revisit this and improve the proportions and a few other things.

02/05/17 - pull on boot
After sketching a few cat parts, one of the cats finally settled in for a nap. I'm enjoying trying to sketch blankets with how they fold and all. I skipped including the chair, except along the edges. Some time, it would be good to slow down and capture a blanket in greater detail.

02/06/17 - cat on blanket
The last week or so has been rough. I was not really in the mood to sketch and I left it for the last thing of the day. I decided to try sketching the recliner. There was a cat in it, but I ignored her and tried to focus on the chair. It did not go well. It was hard to figure out how the front of the arms related to and connected to the arm rest. After several attempts and false starts, I decided to try to just draw the arms on the right-hand side of the drawing. By holding up my pencil to the front of the arm rest and comparing it to the back of the arm rest, I could finally see better. After that, I worked down and across and didn't worry about proportions (or perfection). It's not a great drawing, but it was a good learning experience.

02/07/17 - recliner
I decided to tackle the chair, again. This time I removed the covers on the arms and the cat blanket. The light next to the chair was included, since I need to start working on tackling multiple objects and how they related to each other. While this is a better rendition of the chair, it's still a little twisted and the width to height is still a bit off.  Even more frustrating, the light is to too small, since its width should be wider than the arms of the chair. I even measured it before I drew it. Sigh.

02/08/17 - recliner and light

No comments:

Post a Comment