Sunday, February 19, 2017

Just Keep Sketching, Just Keep Sketching

I went to the MMEA All-State Bands and Orchestra concert at Orchestra Hall yesterday. The musicians are high school students. I am friends with the family of one of the clarinetist. Of course, I took the opportunity to sketch. These were in pencil. I needed to erase a lot. Trying to sketch the stage was beyond my skills, so I focused on one person or instrument. First up was a string bass and an audience member.


Next up was a harp. After including the person one time, I got intrigued by the shape of the harp.


At one of the intermissions, I started on another audience member.



The last page is a bit of a mish mash. I tried to get a couple of face shapes. It didn't go well. With the bottom one, I started with just the shape of the hair and that went better. The end result looks a bit cartoon-ish.


All in all, it was a pleasant sketching experience with trying to capture all sorts of crazy shapes, objects, and how the objects relate to each other.  On yes, the music was quite splendid, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment