Friday, June 24, 2016

Wednesday Night

Wednesday night I had a painting class with Kat Corrigan.  It was good to be able to ask her 1,000,000 questions.  We mostly talked, but also did a quick still life. While I had a view finder to use, it only had marks along the edges.  I discovered how much I still really, really need/want a grid to help me with drawing.  When there's a copy of a picture, I can draw my grid and that works great!

I did a quick Google search and someone suggested using dental floss to add grid lines to a simple home-made view finder.  Viola!  I did that with one of my existing ones and am pleased with the result.


The still life wasn't quite a timed painting, but was done much more quickly than when I work from home.  It's good to speed things up a bit.  It was my first time trying to paint a piece of silverware.  It's hard!  Also, it looked better before I got my shadow too close to the side of the spoon.


In any event since I took a short hiatus, it felt good to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment