Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Draw First, Paint Later (Sadie)

Want to paint.  Need to be disciplined.  Want to paint.  Need to be disciplined. Today being disciplined won out.  Here is the picture.


Here is the rough drawing with values.


Actually, I should call it a modified rough drawing.  I really try to get the outline without being too anal retentive.  The nose could use some work, but I gave myself a break.  I've been painting cats, not dogs.  The tongue ended up pink, since I feared losing it in the rest of the shapes down there.  

I tried painting from this dog picture 6 weeks ago or so and it just did not work.  I couldn't see the way that I'm seeing today.  It's like taking a tiny step up a long staircase.  Hopefully, I'll feel as though I've taken another step in 6 weeks from now or whatever time it takes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment