Sunday, June 5, 2016

Esther - Take 3

It helps me to paint the same thing more than once.  I wish that I could see and execute better the first time, but my guess is that it will come with more experience. Frequently, the third time is the charm.

Here is the picture.  It's a friend's cat and I grabbed the picture from Facebook. Hope they don't mind! I do intend to give them this painting or a future rendition.


Next up is the drawing.


Here is the painting in process.


Here is the final painting.  The eyes could have been a bit more orange.  


Things worked so much better for this 3rd attempt, including the colors, the brush strokes and all of it.  I altered things a bit from the picture.  It was good to make the collar and background color different than the picture.  Also, I'm glad that I did not include the bell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment