Sunday, June 12, 2016

Ella - Work In Progress

I worked on this painting yesterday.  It might have been the value drawing in pencil, reading a bit about painting, or just thinking about it.  Whatever the reason, I felt much better about addressing the color values in this painting.  It felt good.  I got into a grove and went with it.  As a result, the values seem closer to reality and not so extreme.


I still need to work on colors, paint strokes and all of that.  It's weird, but it's almost hard for me to "see" this painting, since that I felt so good about the process.

I rushed on the inside of the ears.  This morning, I decided to paint the part over with black gesso, so I can give it another try.  Yeah!  I was grumpy about the ears, but now I have a do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment