Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Learning Painting

This is a new way to think about a painting.  Am I painting this one solely from a learning perspective?  Tonight, the answer was "yes".  I didn't want to mess around with composition.  I just wanted to try and paint 3 sugar snap peas, knowing that the result would not be that exciting. Plus, I figured this helps me figure out what works and what does not.


Some observations:
  • The background is pretty awful, with the light part being really distracting.  
  • The position of the dark line on the snap peas was better than yesterday.
  • It's hard to get the indentations along the sides of the peas.  The acrylic paint dries so quickly.  You can't really blend.  The top pea turned out better then the middle one.  
  • The bottom pea was the best attempt.  This was a bigger pea and the green was not as bright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment