Monday, May 23, 2016

Esther

I started this one yesterday, got about half done and had to quit.  I finished it this afternoon.  Today, the colors were mixing up strangely.  They were too wet.  After I was done, I figured out that the paper in the palette that I use (Mastersons Stay Wet Palette) had worn through, so that a lot of water was seeping up.  I can't complain. One piece paper from this kit has held up to daily painting since March 10th.  The kit comes with 5 pieces of paper, so it will be a long time before I have to buy more!



Cats come in so many different shapes, colors, and sizes.   This one has a very, very full and round face.  I used some of the black gesso at the very end, since her collar and the eye liner around her eyes needed better definition.  It's interesting how few little tweaks can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment