Sunday, May 8, 2016

Fourth Painting Class and Lot and Lots of Cats

At our forth painting class, we brought pictures and painted from those.  I brought several and decided to try and paint one of my cats, Ella.  In retrospect, it seems silly, but I was terrified to try and paint a cat even though this is one of the creatures that I desperately want to learn how to capture!

Class was on 04/07/16.  Here's the finished result.  At the time, I was pleased with this and I will probably keep this one.  It is definitely a cat.  There is no way on 01/01/16 that I could have even tried to do this.

.
Here she is in the next day's painting.


I switched over to a picture of Dorian.  Here is my first attempt on 04/10/16.  Poor thing.  She looks almost canine. 

I tried again a few days later after another painting class.  Kat helped me to better "see" how to capture a cat's nose and muzzle.


Here's the version that started the blog, which was painted on 04/25/16.


Here's yesterday's version.  I like the eyes a lot in this one.


As cringe-worthy as it can be to post some of my first attempts, it is enjoyable to watch things take shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment