Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Art 4 Shelter

Tonight is Art 4 Shelter, a fundraiser for Simpson Housing Services.  I painted several paintings for this event.  Submissions are on a 5 x 7 piece of paper.  Everything is sold for $30.  Until you purchase an item, you don't know who produced it.

My perfectionist tendencies when into overdrive for the first item that I painted.  It was a parrot from a picture that I took in Barcelona in 2014.  I painted it something like 4-5 times until I submitted a version of it.


After that I tried to just chill.  Someone will buy these or not.  It's only $30 per painting.  It's all good. 

I traced the water lilies.  




This is my first dog painting.  It does not look as much like the picture as I'd like, but I'm still pleased with this one. 


Last, I painted a couple of over-the-top cats.  After these, I got the cat-thing figured out a little better. Still I especially like the one with the blue background.  It has a sort of a day-of-the-dead feeling to it, or something. 



No comments:

Post a Comment