Tuesday, May 3, 2016

First Painting Class

There was so much that was new at the first painting class!  The drawing on the panel, using a viewfinder, painting on a panel rather than paper, mixing colors, trying to capture a shape using paint strokes and the value of a color.  I was such a newbie that I didn't know that I should divide up my background to give my painting some visual interest and grounding.

Orange colors can be hard to mix.  Plus, you have to go heavy on the paint or do more than one layer of color.  The same is true of yellow too.

As I capture my early paintings in this blog, I may prep some of the panels with black gesso so that I can use them again.  I don't want to keep all or even most of my early work.  That's a big part of the reason to have the blog.  It can be my tool for looking back.  I might keep this one, just because it is the first one.  Here is my orange from the first night of painting class on 03/10/16.


No comments:

Post a Comment