Friday, May 6, 2016

Third Painting Class

At the third painting class, we did timed paintings.  We had 10 minutes to sketch and paint an apple. The time flies by.  You are trying to get shape and color in such a short period of time.  It was stressful, but fun.  We divided our painting surface (an 8" x 8" piece of hardboard) into 4 equal spaces and did 4 different timed paintings.  Each time, we changed the position of the apple.  The first one was in the upper left-hand corner and I went counter clockwise.


Here are two more sets of timed paintings that I did in the week following class.



This helps keep things fresh and loose.  This week, I think I should do a couple of timed paintings.   Maybe sketch a cat and give myself 30 minutes to complete a painting.  I've been getting really fussy and slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment