Sunday, February 3, 2019

It's Time To Start Again!

I've been drawing off and on the past several weeks, mostly working on cross hatching, but I can't remember the last time I picked up a paint brush until today.  Today, it became something I just wanted to do.  Surprisingly, it didn't feel self conscious or awkward at all. 

It started out great and I drew out and got a good start on a painting.  I was just going for big, bold paint strokes.  I lost that by over-working.  The painting is not done and it's too late to take a picture with any natural light, so there's nothing to show, yet.  Tomorrow, I plan to finish it.

The start of this painting felt so good that I think I want to focus on painting big bold strokes, trying to capture the broader essence, and not being focused on the end result.  All of which feels exciting and a good way to get back into the habit of painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment