Sunday, January 27, 2019

Potatoes, Etc

I am still focused on potatoes.  I’ve figured out that I need to slow down and think before I start hatching in an area.  Figuring out what direction to hatch does not come naturally, so slowing down helps a lot.  The instructor in the Sktchy class has been doing this far longer than me, so she can just go for it and go quickly, but I can’t.  I’ve also noticed if I go slower, it’s easier to make my cross hatches smaller (i.e. less long in length), which also works better.  I like how cross hatching adds another element to the shape and values in a drawing and I’m glad that I am getting over my fear of cross hatching.

I have been surprised just how long it takes to complete 1 sketch of 1 potato.

Here’s Friday’s potato sketch.



Here are some in process pictures of Saturday’s sketch, along with the mostly finished one.  I ran out of time to really finish it.




I am enjoying the process of slowing down, paying attention, and becoming one with the potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment