Sunday, January 13, 2019

If You See My Focus and Discipline, Would You Send It My Way?

I usually negotiate my life in a mostly deliberate and organized manner.  This includes coming up with a daily “to do” list and trying to get at least a few things done off my list every day.  That’s not how it’s been going lately.  I get on the computer, start doing genealogy research, and seem to get nothing else done. In addition to researching my bio-roots, I’ve also been looking into the roots of my adopted family. 

All of this has meant that my art-making has been on hiatus.  I've been feeling bad about that, but yesterday, my feelings changed.  I did a pretty good job for almost three years.  Yes, it would have been better to keep my habit going, but I didn't.  Equally important is finding my way back.  While it sounds easy, it's not.  I think about drawing or painting almost every single day, but I just haven't been able to start back up yet.  I am confident that I will get it back again and I think that will be soon.  The desire to do so is starting to gain on the inertia of not doing so.

Anyway, I finished one painting a week ago and have that to show. Here is a shot from mid-way through.


Here is the completed painting. I like this one better in person.

#290 - Bridge at Minnehaha Park - 8" x 8"



1 comment:

  1. I like this version. I ended up painting over the bridge I started that day. I just couldn't get it to work. You captured the greenery and moving water and the essence of the bridge. I think we had both been sort of looking at the stones on the bridge instead of the idea of the bridge. See you soon for a painting date!

    ReplyDelete