Tuesday, January 15, 2019

You Say Potato, I Say Cross Hatch

I am taking France Van Stone's Cross Hatching online class.  The class become available on 12/31 and the live Q&A session for the end of class already took place.  Fortunately, it's a class where you have lifetime access. There are four lessons and I'm not even done with the first one.  Watching her draw the example potato with multiple layers of dark and cross hatching was fascinating and the end result was beautiful.

I don't get cross hatching, but I think I'll get it better if I work through this class s    l    o   w   l   y.  One thing she mentioned was that you have to be patient and put the time in if you want to build a drawing with cross hatching.  I'm not very patient, but I'm willing to give this a try.

Potato drawing, take 1.


It felt really good to draw and the cross hatching was kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment