Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

Somewhere in this morning’s newspaper, it mentioned that we’ve gotten 22 inches of snow so far in February. Let me repeat/rephrase that......Before counting today’s snowstorm, it’s snowed 22 inches of snow in February and it’s only the 20th of February.  Early in the month, I kept imagining a giant kitchen sink in the sky.  One faucet in the sink was to turn on extreme cold or and the other was for  for lots of snow and one of the faucets had to be turned on at all times.  It isn’t as cold now, but someone seems to have left the snow faucet turned all the way up.

That brings me to this morning.  I shoveled around 3 inches of snow before heading off to work at a client.  The drive was one of the worst I’ve encountered for awhile, mostly, because visibility was terrible.  I am in the middle of the city.  I can’t imagine what it was like outside of the city.  Driving home in the early afternoon was much better.  However when I got home, 6 more inches of snow was waiting for me.  

While I still absolutely love the snow and can’t help but smile when it’s snowing, it’s getting hard to shovel.  The piles are so high and I’m running out of places to put the snow.  Also, I really, really wish we would have gotten some of this in December and early January, since it was brown and ugly for most of that time.  

My partner-in-crime and snow-shoveling has been away at a conference in Phoenix the last week, so I have been a solo-shoveler.  He returns tomorrow. 

Earlier in the month, I was painting snow scenes.  I decided to take a break from that.  This is an acquarium scene from the Minnesota Zoo.  The source picture is from several years ago. 

#298 - A Painting With No Snow - 8" x 10" - paper
I rather like how the pink coral/mushroom-looking things turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment