Friday, August 3, 2018

They Aren't Crooked

In life, the shutters and window are not crooked, but in my painting they are. Still, I would be lying if I didn't say that I am absolutely thrilled with this painting. I did it for the postcard project at Wet Paint, so it's small.  There were a lot of details to fit into 4 inches by 6 inches. I used bright brushes in size 2, 4, and 6.

I did this over 3 days. Here is the progress after day 2.



Oops. Here's a break for a commercial announcement. Chandler the orange cat, who likes to walk on my keyboard, wants all of you to have a happy "bn bn bn bn bn bn" from him.

Here is the final painting!

#249 - Cabin Bedroom - 4" x 6" - paper
I added the bits of sky peaking through at the very end and it made the painting look much more grounded and real to me.

It's the best feeling when I've pushed myself and done the absolute best that I can for my current skill level, plus I end up with something that pleases me. It does not happen that often, but when it does the feeling is magical.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the sun dappling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely!!!!! Wet Paint has a bunch of the postcards hanging in the window; what a fun idea. I am inspired by you that you go public with your art (Wet Paint, Art for Shelter). Although your building sort of reminds me of my mom's old garage--her's was crooked in real life, blue, and scary inside--your's looks like a cozy tiny garden cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll do a postcard for Wet Paint! I confess that when I "go public" it makes me a little nutty and I hold back a lot of things I don't think are good enough. My goal is to get less crazy about this.

      Delete