Saturday, August 11, 2018

Now For Something Completely Different

Today is the first day to drop off articles for judging at the Minnesota State Fair. My friend and I are going later this morning. Standing in line is fun, since people are wiling to share and talk about the things they are entering in the Creative Activities building.

I am only entering one item this year, but it is the hardest knitting I’ve ever done.


It’s a style of knitting called brioche. I took a class with the Queen of Brioche, Nancy Marchant, when I went to Vogue Knitting Live in Minneapolis several years ago. She advised us to never knit brioche when you are tired. Since it’s tough to fix mistakes, it’s just easier to knit perfectly. She’s right.

I finished this scarf several weeks after last year’s fair. I placed it in a ziplock bag and placed it on the shelf until last week. I’m glad that I will finally be able to wear it this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment