Sunday, April 30, 2017

What Have I Done!?!

I signed up for a different on-line class. I signed up late yesterday and the class started today. That meant I needed to get through all of the introductory information, which was available prior to today, the first set of lessons, and the first day of homework. Needless to say, this took a big chunk of the day.

This is going to be a time commitment, during a busy time of year, but I am glad that I did it. I think it will be a useful class and help me gain skills. When you sign up, you are committing to keeping up with the twice per week release of lessons and the 30 minute per day homework. On a few days, there is even more of a time commitment. The plus side is that unlike the other online classes that I've seen, this instructor is involved and offers feedback. Somehow, I'll get this done, plus my painting homework.

The class is with Roz Stendahl and it's called Drawing Practice - Drawing Life Subjects In Public. The class is starting with gestural drawing. There was a lot of information to take in and I can tell that my brain does not quite get it. Most of the drawings that I did focused more on contours. This was the closest that I got to the concept. I truly am okay with that.


Most of what we will be doing is not going to be "pretty" or even finished. Still, I plan to post examples here and there in order to document my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment