Monday, August 29, 2016

Marvin -. - Yet Another Cat

I enjoyed painting cats over the weekend and it was a blast going crazy with paint strokes.  The tiny strokes in Saturday's painting of Dorian slowed me down and I did much less rework than usual. Many times, I will painting a section more than once, mostly to try and capture values better.

This one was done yesterday after spending the day at the Fair.


The eyes are too big.  It does not help that I had to outline them with gesso.  Other than that, there's a lot that I like about this one, including the cat's body, the paint strokes, the colors, and the cat's body.

I did the drawing on Saturday.





Before I begin drawing, I've started marking the outer edges at key points.  It makes a big difference. With using a grid, I thought I could skip this step.  Nope.  It's an important step and I should have been doing it all along!!





No comments:

Post a Comment