Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I Had A Plan

I did not do what I planned, but I did start out with a plan.  The plan was to revisit the painting of Dorian in two different ways.  The first way was to make small brush stokes with space in between each one to see what type of effect that would be. That was the goal for this painting. That's not what happened.


As is, I see two major problems.  The eyes are too big and the face is too round.  It makes the cat look more like a kitten. Least I sound too critical, I am really pleased with the colors, especially since it's the first painting using a fresh palette.  I also like the cat's muzzle.  It's there, but not as over-emphasized like I usually do.

I do want to circle back and try the idea of small brush strokes with leaving space in between,  I also want to try a"solid" painting with no bits of black gesso showing through.

Just in case I sound too critical of myself, know that I love the process of trying to capture what I see in the form of a drawing or painting.  It is such a wonderful, wonderful thing to learn and do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment