Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Another Second Try

Back in the beginning of May, my cat paintings started to work better.  Here is an early one of Harley that I really, really liked.  It was one of the first times that I drew something where I really felt like I saw it.  


She is a beautiful cat.  Here is the picture that I used.


I revisited this one today.


It's a bit disappointing that I like the first one better.  Also, I'm noticing a trend where the left side of the cat's face is better than the right.  The right side of Harley and the last two of Chandler have been too rounded.  I wonder what's up with that?  The likely answer is that the first one took forever to draw and I just buzzed along with the second one.  Drawing at a medium pace might be a better choice for me.  I'm not thrilled with the background color.  I wonder what color would be a better choice.

I do like the eyes in both the original and the new one.

I will revisit this picture.  It's a a really, really good one.  I like the light and shadows in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment