Monday, August 22, 2016

Very Little Time To Paint

It was a tough day.  The boiler in the basement, which feeds the hot water heat and the hot water for the house, essentially blew up sometime during the night.  It could have been so much worse than it was, but there was more than enough to do so I stayed home from work today. My favorite part of the house at the moment is the floor drain in the basement.

I really should not have taken time to paint, but I did anyway. Needless to say, this one was a rush.

When I first finished it, I didn't like.  As so often happens, my assessment changed after I came back to take a picture.  This happens about 90% of the time.  It's not my best work, but under the circumstances I'll take it!

It's a 5" by 5" painting, so it's a little smaller than usual.


It's my sweet Dorian.

Wow!  Looking at the picture, I just realized that I forgot to add the highlights in her eyes. Boy, it's has been a long day!!

Here it is with the highlights.  It's amazing what a different it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment