Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Speaking As Someone Who Uses Cats As Models

I find dogs hard to draw.  Since I don't draw them often, that should not be a surprise.  I enjoy working with the crayons, because I can layer and layer and layer.  In the end, there's more I like about this than I don't, so I will probably send it.  


My cousin had to put down his 8 year-old, beloved golden retriever, Sadie.  It was very sudden.  In two days, she went from being a seemingly, healthy dog, to having several neurological episodes, which led to discovering that she had an advanced condition which could not be treated.  

This is my best attempt at trying to capture Sadie.  In the past, I've tried to paint her. 

I spent a lot of time working on this one and decided yesterday that I just needed to be done.  

Now, I can get back to doing cats in hats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment