Monday, March 22, 2021

It's Time

It's time to finish the granny square afghan that I started a long time ago. The squares, themselves, were finished 4 - 5 years ago. Several weeks ago, I went searching for them. I thought I had worked all the ends in, but discovered that 28 squares still needed to be done. Next up, I counted the squares that I had and was perplexed why there were 57 of them. I knew that I had finished all of the squares and that it would make a decent size cover for sitting around. I couldn't remember how many squares wide versus tall it would be, but 57 squares made no sense. After digging around a bit, I found the other zip lock bag which contained 23 squares. 80 squares, it is.  An afghan of 8 squares by 10 will work nicely.

I used Kristin's pattern for it and when it came time to sew it together, I went with her recommendation for that, as well. 

I started the final assembly last night while watching an episode of All Creatures Great and Small. I almost got the first strip sewn together and since I had a pretty great creature sitting on my lap at the time, I decided that he should model the first strip, since it looks like a scarf.


Hammett is enjoying a nap in the background, undisturbed on the foot stool behind Chandler.  Earlier in the evening, we  folded laundry and, of course, Hammett enjoys curling up on top of the nice, fresh, clean laundry.   



It's probably best that Chandler came into my life at this stage. If he was my cat when I was a child, I might have been tempted to try and dress him up for tea parties. When he's sitting on my lap at night, he's warm, cozy, and pretty tolerant, although it is clear that he is not smiling in either picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment