Friday, March 19, 2021

You Would Think After Five Years I Would Remember

You would think after five years I would remember to stop mid-way through, step away, and view what I am working on from a distance, but I don't.  When I'm done, either with "the session" or on a piece, I will finally step away and take a look.  As a result, I get surprised by my own results.  


Up close, I thought the face and eyes were okay.  From a proper viewing distance, I am really pleased.

I keep saying it, but I love the Neocolor crayons and I also really enjoy layering. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your cats in hats. I also love neocolor crayons and regular crayons. What is the surface?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drawing on some heavy weight black paper from Wet Paint. I didn't keep track of what I purchased. For a "drawing board", I've been taping the paper onto a piece of plastic sign board. Actually, I don't know what you call it. It's the stuff they use to make political lawn signs. When I press down really hard with the side of a small piece of crayon, I get the ridges of texture which I like for the background.

      Delete