Thursday, November 7, 2019

I Was Patient, But I Got Tired Of Waiting

One of my favorite quotes from Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, comes from the character of Anya. It goes along the lines of title of this blog post. This quote sums up my relationship to watercolor and to many, many other aspects of how I approach life.

I have been starting each day with a watercolor pear. It's been a blast, but I think I use too much water. After that, there's the problem of patience. There's a point where it's best to let things dry. I try to wait, but I get inpatient. I'm not showing the "best" examples of too much water + not enough patience.

Instead, here is one is on meh paper. In the paper hierarchy, there's crappy paper, meh paper, and good paper. Meh paper is better than crappy paper, but is not as good as good paper. It's amusing to me how much I enjoy using less than ideal watercolor paper to try and learn watercolor.


I'm using using my hand-bound book, which has good paper. Here's one from that. 


The best part is that it feels great to be back to making art on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment