Monday, November 4, 2019

A Pear A Day For Most Of November

One and a half years ago, I took Roz's bookmaking class for simple round spine books. So far, I have made one and only one book, despite intentions to the contrary. Worse yet, I've used about 5 pages in that book.

After Saturday's class, I've decided to do 20-30 days of pears in watercolor in this book. Pears come in such lovely colors and they have appealing shapes.

I want to start more of my days with art-making. I want to play with watercolor. I want to be exploratory not exact. I want to paint pears. I want to use my book. I want to see what happens.

11/03/19 - pear
For now, I'm probably using too much water and not letting things dry. My guess is that people with more experience with this medium would be horrified. I don't care. I think the blotches are kind of pretty and I'm having creating and exploring with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment