Thursday, May 9, 2019

Crazy Eyes

Many of my paintings of Chandler have a slightly cartoonish aspect to them. While that may be at least partially a lack of skill on my part, it’s also partially an aspect of Chandler. One time at the vet, I explained that he is my explanation point cat. That means he is a cat of intensity. If he is scared, lovey, or wacky, he is really, really scared, lovey, or wacky. When he is in full wackadoodle mode, which happens a lot in the spring, he will literally bounce off of the kitchen walls.

I will redo this one at some point in the future.

#333 - Crazy Eyes - 6" x 6" - paper
I don't like the background, especially in person. My palette has some areas with a coating of matte medium from when I was experimenting with that. I didn't work quickly enough do I ended up with hard edges in a way I don't like.



No comments:

Post a Comment