Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Noticing The Light

One thing that happens since I've started painting is that I will just notice that I like how the light is hitting something. It draws me in and I have to take a picture. This mostly happens when I'm at home with the cats. There's just something about natural, indirect light.

Ella was sitting in the chair in the kitchen with her body face towards the big windows, which she does not do very often, so there was natural light hitting her face and body in an appealing way. I ended up with 8 or so pictures of different facial expressions and/or angles of her face. She has always had these amazing ears. She is sixteen years old and has a number of health issues, however she is still so beautiful she can just take my breath away.

One of the pictures might become my next big cat painting. Since she is a gray cat, it really helps me to paint using a picture with good light.


No comments:

Post a Comment