Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Nature Shot

I have a friend who takes beautiful nature photos as a hobby. He posts his best ones on Facebook. Awhile back, I asked him if I could download and use some of his photos as a basis to practice painting and he said yes!

I started this on 10/31 and finished it this morning. I put it aside over the weekend.

#155 Vulture In Trees - 8" x 8" paper - alternative blue
There are a lot of things that I like about this one, especially the bird. I like how the body turned out so solid and the wings have a lightness. It helped that I had a really great picture to use.

Taking a little time to paint in the morning means it takes me awhile to finish a painting, but at least I am painting a little bit each day. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a great photo CAN help a lot! Great painting, Robin!

    ReplyDelete