Monday, November 20, 2017

Comparison

Here are two paintings created approximately one month apart from each other. It's interesting to compare these two each other. For each one, I noted below what I liked better.


#156 - Ella - 8 x 8 on paper using standard palette
I finished this one today. While I was painting it, I relied quite a bit on the app, Notanizer. With this app, I can easily look at pictures with 4 levels of values. Over Thanksgiving, since there will be a lot going on, I am thinking about focusing on cats and just painting from Notanizer and 4 levels of values. I might even try to go for all neutrals with each color. The finished results should be interesting and I hope to learn more about seeing and using values.

When I compare this painting to the one below, here are some of the things I like better about this one:
  • Brighter colors and relatively lighter values.  
  • The background color. 
  • The paint strokes.
  • The right side of her face.
#148 - Ella - 8 x 8 on paper using alternative blue
For this one from a month ago, Here's what I like better:

  • The left side of her face.
  • The eyes.
  • Her expression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment