Sunday, October 8, 2017

Flashlight

I was treated to a late-in-the-year visit to the family cabin of my friend.  It is a magical place and I have been fortunate to be able to come here for 20 plus years for a visit in the summer with a big group of my friends.  This time, it was my friend, my hubby, and me.  It's quiet and peaceful.  Since work has been so busy and crazy, it was a welcome time to relax and watch the leaves change color.

There is a wonderful, old, metal flashlight at the cabin.  When I was here last summer, I tried to draw the flashlight head on and I just could not do it.  Last night, I grabbed it and and gave it another try.  I did a warm up sketch first.  The body was way too long.  Especially when I look at an object straight on, I still can't eyeball this, so I did a quick measurement and a second, quick sketch.


I could have done another sketch of two to refine things, but didn't feel the need to do so.  I felt like I could see the front of the flashlight in a way that I couldn't 1 1/4 years ago and that my drawing vocabulary is slowly expanding.  That was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment