Monday, August 28, 2017

State Fair - Sketching Experience #4

I met up with folks who attended the second Minnesota State Fair Sketch Together gatherings. Again, I showed up and met people at 9:30, but did not go back for the post-sketch meeting at 4:30. There were several of the same people from Saturday. Again, everyone was very friendly and happy to be at the fair.

Today, I only sketched for about 45 minutes. What I learned from today's experience is that going to the fair four times in the first five days is tiring! Still, sketching at the fair in a mentally tired state beats a day at work or almost anything else.

Another challenge was that the animals that I encountered were restless. Most of the animal barns had recently turned over or were in the process of turning over. One was actually closed. There were very few of my favorite animals to sketch namely animals who are asleep or who are very, very tired.

This was my favorite sketch of the day. This cow was sleeping, but woke up and moved after I barely started. That's okay. It ended up being an experience about sketching parts of animals rather than sketching large sections of or a complete animal.




No comments:

Post a Comment