Friday, August 25, 2017

State Fair - Sketching Experience #1

Yesterday was the opening of the Minnesota State Fair. The weather was perfect. While I plan to sketch each time I'm at the fair, I only have one time scheduled where the sole purpose is to sketch. The other times, I'll just take break away from whoever I'm with to sketch for a bit. Yesterday was one of those types of days, so I only sketched while one of my friends checked out all of the birds in the Chicken Barn.

It was thrilling to be at the fair and to be sketching! There are so many birds and animals. You can get close to them and many of them stay relatively still.

Here is my favorite sketch from the Chicken Barn. This is a  sketch of a Valencian Figurita pigeon. This bird had puffed its chest way up and out and some of its feathers were ruffled.


Each time I go to the fair, I plan to post a picture of my favorite sketch. I'm keeping things simple. Just a sketch book and a few pens and pencils. I'm not going to try watercolor, major shading, or hatching. It's mostly going to be about catching shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment