Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sketches and One Blind Contour

I had a little extra time on Monday, so I sat down to do some sketching.  I started by trying to sketch the outline of a sleeping cat.  I was using a viewfinder for this. Every time, I got more than a few strokes into defining a shape, the cat did a major re-positioning.  It was fun to try and gives me an appreciation for how hard it is to create a good drawing or sketch. I never got far enough to take a picture.

Instead, I started sketching items that were jar or bottle shaped.  Rather than using the viewfinder, I used my pencil to take measurements.  It was fun!  The little bowl did not turn out very well, but I like the other three items, especially the salt shaker.  I've drawn it before.  This time, I really felt as though I could see it so much better!  I finished up with trying to do a quick blind contour drawing of my pepper mill.


Today's attempt to sketch a cat reminds me how far I have to go, while the salt shaker shows me how far I've come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment