Monday, July 18, 2016

Landscape With Water - Take 1

I am going to try and work on landscapes until my next painting class.  I selected an easier picture to draw and paint.  Still, there is a lot more to capture and consider than I am used to.

On Thursday night, I started a drawing of this.



It didn't go well. I was distracted by events at home.  I didn't get a chance to try again until yesterday.


Sunday morning, I had a little time to paint and got started.


As I was working on it, I got confused by my own drawing, which is hysterical. I was too detailed in some spots and not detailed enough in others.

I want to finish this painting and paint the same scene at least two more times.  Maybe, I will even get out the tracing paper for one of them.  That should be a fun experiment!

Sunday evening, I worked on it a bit more.


It's coming along and I am learning a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment