Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Barred Owl

I worked on this for several days and took my time.  It is a 5” x 7” for Art for Shelter. Tonight, I added some finishing touches.  I am really pleased with this one.  First, it brings back wonderful memories of a weekend spent up at our friend’s cabin.  It’s the first owl that I had ever seen in the wild at this point in my life and my spouse is the one who spotted it.  Me and another bird-photo, crazy friend grabbed our cameras and took a lot of pictures of this barred owl in a tree.

The other reason I’m really pleased with this is yesterday, when I started to paint the owl, I finally dropped into that wonderful state of flow.  I can’t say that I’ve been fighting with myself since I’ve gotten back to my daily creative practice, but the state of flow has not dropped by to visit until yesterday.  

The colors, especially the greens, are actually a little brighter than this, but I don’t want to wait until I have natural light tomorrow to post this!


No comments:

Post a Comment