Friday, April 1, 2022

Winter Robin

Welcome to a new month, even though I am always a little sad to say goodbye to March.  March brings some of my favorite snow.  I love the big, wet snowflakes of March.  In addition, it’s always such an unpredictable month.  Usually, there are several teaser days in the high 50s or low 60s and everyone seems to radiate an inner joy that the cold dark days are over or at least approaching the end, because, of course, it’s still March. Those teaser days happened 2 weekends ago and it was glorious to have them fall on a weekend. After that, it’s been back to cold, snow, and one recent morning, where we got freezing rain, rain, sleet, and snow, all within a short period of time.  

March is a little like being on a roller coaster, emotionally and weather-wise. 

With that, welcome to April.  In addition to keeping up my creative habit, it’s time to start gardening.  It’s too early to do anything outside, but it is time to get seeds started in the basement.  By mid-month, I should be able to transplant the violas into pots, since they can handle some cold, and move some of the hardier herbs from the basement to the enclosed front porch.  Some years, I do plant arugula outside, but more towards the end of the month.  

From a painting perspective, I am still working slowly.  I think I worked on this one for 4 days and it’s only a 5” x 7”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment