Saturday, September 29, 2018

No Rules

I didn’t use grids. I didn’t do an under-drawing. I didn’t care about accuracy. I didn’t crop the picture. I didn’t worry about color. I didn’t have a plan.

I looked at a picture, hopped all over the place, and made big, bold strokes with a huge brush. This isn't abstract. I don't know what it is. I am calling it practicing with no rules, since it felt good to just do and leave rules behind.

I might try a cabin sunset like this.

#262 - Catharsis - 8” x 10” - paper
By the way, I used this brush. I also acquired the 2 inch version. While I wish the handle was not flat, I thought the bristles might work well. So far, I like that I can pick up a lot of paint with these brush and can apply with a reasonable level of control. I wish that the handle was round and that it didn't leave strokes which are quite so smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment