Saturday, September 8, 2018

Another Busy Work Week

This week, I mostly played around with making brush strokes, so I did not paint with an intended purpose. It was good to just practice making marks.

Last night, I tried to do my September Art 4 Shelter painting and it did not go well. It's already been discarded. So I could end the night on a good note, I did a little planning for another big cat painting. This morning, after a good night's sleep, I drew out another Art 4 Shelter painting, so I guess I plan to work on a small work (5" x 7") and a large work (18" x 24") this week.

I did quick value sketches of both. I'm not sure that I am really massing values and value shapes, but I did think this is helping me think more "big picture" rather than focusing on the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment