Wednesday, February 7, 2018

This Morning's Drive

My drive to work this morning was glorious. I took River Road to get to my client in the North Loop. There was snow on the ground. The sun was shining. The sky was blue. Visually, I was just trying to take it all in. I was hyper-aware of the beautiful scenery and wished I had time to try and do a couple of sketches. I kept thinking things like "is that snow a warmer color or a cooler color". I noticed a biker (bicycle, not motorcycle) bundled up in the way you would expect when it's 15 degrees outside, but this person made an impression because of the beautiful scarf that caught my eye. I wish I could have taken a picture to try and sketch from later. Some day, I would like to have the skill to try and sketch something like this in the moment.

It made a regular drive to work a much more enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment