Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tee Hee

It's Chandler my, high-strung and sweet, over the top, cat.

#181 - Chandler - 8" x 8" - on hardboard - standard palette
If only the whiskers were better! There are a lot of colors and a lot of paint strokes in this one, but they were all more deliberate. As a result, I don't think it looks as overworked as the one of Ella. I am pleased with the color of the background. Since the colors in the cat were more muted, I just went for pure Pthalo Blue (RS), plus white for the background. While the color is dark, it's not muted. So many choices! So much to learn!

That led me to take another look at my painting of Ella. Her eyes were too light in value and the background was too dark and muted, so I went back and adjusted them. This doesn't elevate it into the same class as the one of Chandler, but it did help. 


I'm glad to be doing some paintings on hardboard, so I can hang them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment