Friday, February 9, 2018

Drawing And Watercolor

If I don't document, I can't go back and compare where I was at various stages in the journey!

Currently, drawing has been less of a focus, although I still drawing everyday. Most times, it's right before bed and I'm just drawing something in the house which caught my eye. Most nights (unless I am really tired!), I pick something which allow me to work on capturing the relationship of multiple things to each other or the parts of a complicated thing to itself. Truthfully, I'm not doing much measuring or checking of angles and most of the time, I don't finish the drawing. Ever so slowly, I see improvement in my eyes and hand working together better.




On the watercolor front, I am being stretched. The class is really, really good. I am learning tons, but  I can't really do any of it, yet. Here is what I did for the most recent exercises. We were doing small, simple value studies. The top two pages were from pictures the instructor provided. The bottom one was from a picture I took of Split Rock Lighthouse. 

It is going to sound silly, but the idea of the idea of doing an entire scene in these exercises (even in a simplified form) filled me with angst. However once I was done, it unlocked something in my brain which caused me to be in the right frame of mind to see things differently on my ride to work early this week.   




No comments:

Post a Comment