Saturday, September 2, 2017

State Fair - Sketching Experience #5

Yesterday was my last trip to this year's Minnesota State Fair. The real reason for going was to attend the show at the grandstand with my honey and some friends. I did take somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes to sketch in the animal barns. I sketched rabbits for a bit and switched to goats.

I did not try to complete any sketches. I just wanted to practice capturing animal shapes. This turned out to be a good goal, since none of my subjects were asleep which meant that they moved from time to time.

Here is my favorite bunny sketch. I noticed this rabbit because of how it had its paws folded.


Here is the start of a goat sketch. I'm not sure the outline around the face was effective, although there was a clear ridge on the goat's face. It was an interesting looking goat. Actually, I found that I really liked sketching goats. Plus I liked that when I was focusing on a goat in one pen, a goat in the pen beside or behind me would come over to see if I had any food that I wanted to share with a goat.


I love the fair and sketching out there gave me one more way to enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment